Tuesday, April 14, 2009

One Last Thing

* What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
I loved it all......... it was so great to push myself into technology, and get a better understanding of the "things" that are out there. So far, I'm loving the idea of blogging, since this course, I've created my classroom blog, that has been such an addition to my classroom and parent-teacher communication; as well as student-teacher communication. I also really like GoogleDoc, it's so great, it almost makes a scanner non-essential.
* How has this program affected your lifelong learning goals?
Just last night, I was sitting and thinking about how I would like to take more technology classes and add to my "bag-o-tricks". I can not wait for the day, when my classroom is technologically where it should be.......... hopefully sooner rather than later.
* Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I was very unaware, of the views and opinions of some of my colleagues. It was nice to see what others' opinions were on some of the issues that are out there regarding technology and the future, in classrooms, social networking etc. I did not dream that I would enjoy it so much, or have so many awesome additions. My Google Reader, will be a definite "habit" that will play a role in my life.
* What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
I can't think of much that would make this easier, I loved that I could work at my own pace, work ahead if I needed, or catch up if I needed. I've always been partial to self-paced learning, when I'm being responsible :)
* If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?
I'd love to take more courses similar to this, like 23thingster said..... a Next 23 Things would be AWESOME!!!
* How will what you have learned influence your practice as a teacher or school librarian?
Besides blogging with my students, I will definitely contemplate a Ning for networking with them next year, I'll play this Summer. I also love the idea of using wiki's and blogs for future cooperative learning projects.
* How do you plan to keep up with new developments in web 2.0? Recommend a way that you have found to be useful.
I have fed several 2.0 feeds into my Reader, hopefully these will keep me, near the cutting edge for now. Hopefully, next year, and further in the future, I can take more Web 2.o courses, that will make my teaching more effective and appropriate for the learning styles that our students are now coming to us with.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I've enjoyed reading your posts and seeing your great creations. I think using your Google reader or Bloglines will play a big role in helping you keep connected to the new "things" out there! You did it!!

    ReplyDelete