Monday, April 13, 2009

Thing # 20

I HEART GoogleDocs, I was introduced to it in my Intel class earlier this year, and have used it almost non-stop since. Every day, almost, I post a blog entry on my site, if we do an assignment or take notes in class, especially if it's teacher created, I upload it to GoogleDocs and then save it to the blog. I can see myself using it professionally, and at home as well. Professionally, it's good for collaborative projects, like the table I've created here.......... I can see it used for sharing notes, like I've done here............ We did that project earlier this year. My classes were broken up into groups and had to "teach" the class certain concepts. It was very interesting. I then typed up the notes that I took, even though they took their own while learning. I uploaded them into my Google Docs, and pasted the link into my Science blog. My parents are loving having access to what we do and write in class. I can even see it for sharing Teacher created quizzes etc. like I've done here..........

On a personal note, I can see my family using this to plan our yearly camping trip. There are so many of us that go, and we each are responsible for food for different days and the different meals, it would be a good way for us all to have a copy of who is cooking/bringing what. Hmmmmmmm....... I wonder if they'd go for it!?!?!?!

1 comment: