Saturday, April 4, 2009

Thing #17

When playing around with the Podcasts, I previewed several. The Jameston Elementary Project was very interesting. It helped me to see how simple it could be for even the youngest of our learners. I also read, and subscribed to, in iTunes and on GoogleReader, the Tech Teachers. It was interesting to listen to these two teachers talk about the technology that we use in our everyday lives, and how it can help us, and how we can use it, professionally, and personally. I also previewed, and suscribed to Why? The Science Show For Kids. This is a podcast where kids call in and ask questions, and they are answered. I love that it is a question/answer format, it seems that it may be more appealing to my students, however I can also see them, just wanting to watch a demonstration of an experiment on podcast. I can see that being useful, especially on the days we do the "really important" stuff in class, and students are absent. Podcasting can create a bridge between that missed knowledge, and allow them to still make those connections, without us having to "reteach" it. I love the idea. I haven't had any previous use or encounters with podcasting until now, but I look forward to learning more, experimenting, and hopefully implementing one day, soon preferably :)

No comments:

Post a Comment